There are a few reasons why your window might not be opening. Here are a few of the most common:
- The window is stuck. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as a build-up of dirt or debris, a broken hinge, or a faulty lock.
- The window is painted shut. If your window has been painted recently, the paint may have dried and hardened, making it difficult to open.
- The window is blocked. If there is something blocking the window, such as furniture or a curtain, it will not be able to open.
- The window is not installed correctly. If the window was not installed correctly, it may not be able to open properly.
If you are unable to open your window, you may need to call a professional to fix the problem.
Tips to help you open a stuck window
Here are some tips to help you open a stuck window:
- Apply pressure. Try applying pressure to the window frame with your hands. This may be enough to loosen the window and allow it to open.
- Use a lubricant. If pressure does not work, you can try using a lubricant, such as WD-40, to loosen the window. Spray the lubricant into the hinges or the track of the window.
- Use a pry bar. If the lubricant does not work, you can try using a pry bar to pry the window open. Be very careful not to damage the window or the frame.
- Call a professional. If you are unable to open the window yourself, you may need to call a professional. A professional will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it.
Here at Lock'n'Secure Locksmiths we regularly attend customers with jammed windows.